Wednesday, February 1, 2012

World of Warcraft

Debated today in Geography class.  It was the second debate with my students on nuclear development and the threat of Iran.  One period did awesome, the other period it was absolute crickets.

Painful, awkward crickets.  I take the blame.  Next time I'll just let them play World of Warcraft instead.


"Class how does the big scary dragon represent the need for nuclear disarmament?"

By the way I've never played or really watched World of Warcraft. Intense stuff.


2 comments:

  1. Isn't that funny how it works like that...I experienced the same thing in two of my classes...and it was the same group of students in each class!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. World of Warcraft is a great game. I've found if you take 10 students and put them in a group within the game and don't give them much direction, but tell them the goal you would like them achieve, you'd be surprised how they would function and communicate to work together. All within a virtual communication environment!

    ReplyDelete