Monday, January 23, 2012

Guilty Pleasure: Blog Backgrounds


There is a blog background website called "Cutest Blog on the Block" that allows you to use thematic backgrounds on your blog.  If you have blogged before I'm sure you are aware of it.  I love this website and the fact that it is free.  You will find yourself playing around with the themes for hours and never finding the perfect one.  It truly is a guilty pleasure.  

Designing a blog to fit your personality or theme is really difficult.  I found when I first used this website I chose really obnoxious themes that interfered with my content and purpose, but man were they cool.  The challenge when trying to market and create a blog that you desire to be taken seriously or maybe just more professionally is what type of design gives that impression.  My background now is okay, but screams "I just made this blog and figured out how to type."  Anyone can probably recognize it's a template and pretty unattractive at that.  Design is an aspect of blog making that really is important and deserves some discussion.  What do you think?  

2 comments:

  1. I agree completely with your statement that this template is rather plain. I chose it because it best represented that academic focus of my blog. However, I now feel compelled to go check out the site you mentioned and see what it has to offer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that website...sometimes it hard to choose one! I like what you've done!

    ReplyDelete