Sunday, January 22, 2012

Marketing

Marketing a blog so that is becomes a valid resource for students or even random strangers is the most difficult aspect of blogging.  I am looking forward to attempting to improve in this area.  When I was pregnant with my son I set up a blog for my family and friends to read.  In reality I look back and it was more for my benefit.  Random tangents about what food I wanted to eat and how I was dealing with some weird pregancy sympton.  Really, who wanted to know that stuff?

Crossing over from feeling like your thoughts, theories, and insights are really just ego driven posts to something that is a good resource and use of a particular discipline like education seems tough.  Marketing your blog... okay, let's give it a try.

3 comments:

  1. Remember to tell your friends, family and peers. Read other blogs and comment including a link to your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm actually trying to market my blog right now to my friends and family members...it is VERY interesting to me that most of my family members don't even really know what a blog is..and teaching them (while I am still in the process of learning about it) is even more difficult. Also, I'm trying to limit my friends that I want to see my blog because I want people who are going to take it seriously and not just make it more like Facebook or Twitter, etc. I wish you the best of luck blogging :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you should share your "training for a marathon" blog...by far the funniest and most honest post I have read. Another blog I follow is beladlike.blogspot.com - another good read! Good luck on your journey marketing your blog!

    ReplyDelete